Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Tuffy

Onan replacement engines

StanD
Tuffy: They are V twins,I am in process of 24HP Honda transpant at this time. I went with the 1 1/8 shaft and a new clutch from Warner, 175 ft lb. Got the engine & muffler from Small Engine Warehouse, clutch from J Thomas & machined my own flywheel adaptor. This is going in a 9020. Also redoing another 9020 at the same time so have two frames ready to start assembly on. Second one will be original Onan. Should have a good start at it before weekend is over. StanD

BLT
Briggs made an opposed twin up either 19 or 20 HP in either vertical or horizontal crankshafts. I don't see them in the 2003 engine catalog other then out of production models. From what I can see it's all V twins now. Some of that might be to more stringient emission standards and the flat or "L" head engines couldn't cut it in that size.