Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Landman

sunstar, ultima, agco, 3 pt hitch

Landman
Anyone know where the lift rod on the three point hitch for these machines goes? Right or left side of the lift pump assembly if looking at the back of the tractor? Does this unit have down pressure? ???????? Thanks all

Landman
For anyone that might want to know, The lift rod attaches with a special link pin that hold both the piston and the lift rod to the front lift assembly due to the "snug" area in which is attaches. There is no down force :(with this setup other than the wieght of the attachment. By threading the rod further, an additional nut could be put on the other side of the hitch assembly which would allow for some down force, limited of course by the strentgh of the lift rod.? I bought a worksaver 3 pt blade this weekend and got everything hooked up. Works great, I graded everything I laid eyes on. Now I need a seed spreader!:)

Landman
Thank UCD, I have the attachments manual which shows these as well. The part in question is number 4 on the 3pt parts diagram. I found after inspection of one instaled on an old unit at the local dealer that one pin goes throught the piston and front lift assembly, the second goes throught the lift rod and the front lift assembly. Thanks again.