Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
stumpy

3416H filter and fluids

stumpy
Greetings all, Road-tripping next week (hopefully) in an effort to bring a friend into the fold, so to speak. Another club member has a 3416H he acquired awhile back but needs to divest as he has too many projects already, and my compadre needs a tractor, so it's gotta be Simp/AC! Anyway, I've never had a hydro (or an automatic pick-up or car for that matter), sooooo.... does the Vickers in the 3416H use Dexron or does she prefer Type F (Mercon, right? Like old fords used?) Would also appreciate the Simplicity filter number. My friend is heading off to get married shortly and I thought I'd surprise him upon his return with a functional, more or less gone-through machine and tiller for their new homestead. Poor devil might as well have at least one bright spot following matrimony... thanks much

stumpy
Thanks for getting back on the filter/fluid question fellas. I like the 3416...good looking machine. Wouldn't mind keeping it, but it would be a shame to let my friend go buy a piece of junk when he can have old Simplicity iron. If the new one runs alright I might let him choose between my more-or-less restored B-112 and the unrestored 3416H. Then I can tinker my way through a new machine, plus get to learn about hydros for better or worse.