Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3416H filter and fluids

stumpy

Greetings all, Road-tripping next week (hopefully) in an effort to bring a friend into the fold, so to speak. Another club member has a 3416H he acquired awhile back but needs to divest as he has too many projects already, and my compadre needs a tractor, so it's gotta be Simp/AC! Anyway, I've never had a hydro (or an automatic pick-up or car for that matter), sooooo.... does the Vickers in the 3416H use Dexron or does she prefer Type F (Mercon, right? Like old fords used?) Would also appreciate the Simplicity filter number. My friend is heading off to get married shortly and I thought I'd surprise him upon his return with a functional, more or less gone-through machine and tiller for their new homestead. Poor devil might as well have at least one bright spot following matrimony... thanks much

I have the same Simplicity tractor:D. The vickers hydro uses Dexron ATF. The simplicity part number for the oil filter166147. Karl

Thanks for getting back on the filter/fluid question fellas. I like the 3416...good looking machine. Wouldn't mind keeping it, but it would be a shame to let my friend go buy a piece of junk when he can have old Simplicity iron. If the new one runs alright I might let him choose between my more-or-less restored B-112 and the unrestored 3416H. Then I can tinker my way through a new machine, plus get to learn about hydros for better or worse.