Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Dutch

Milk Rack Ramp

Dutch
Not wanting to spend a couple of hundred dollars on a pair of quality ramps, I’ve been using 2x10s. What a pain……… slippery and narrow. The refrigeration guys were refurbishing the milk cooler at the local convenience store this morning. The existing shelves were sway backed and cracked (I guess they were holding heavy cream ;)). Anyway, I grabbed a pair from the trash. Took the sway out on my welding table, welded the cracks, and installed strong backs. They work great, and best of all……… they were free. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/ramp1.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/ramp2.jpg[/img]

dirtsaver
Thanks Herb! I bought two of those things at the local auction house last fall for five or six bucks because I thought they would make good ramps but never had a clue what they were! Just proves everything has at least two lives. Larry

Nick
Great Idea Dutch! Now only if I could find some shelves like that. It looks like RBT fits right in your Dodge Van. Everytime I tried to load a Garden Tractor in a Dodge, The mower deck would rub against the back doors as you pushed it in.8D