Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Milk Rack Ramp

Dutch

Not wanting to spend a couple of hundred dollars on a pair of quality ramps, I’ve been using 2x10s. What a pain……… slippery and narrow. The refrigeration guys were refurbishing the milk cooler at the local convenience store this morning. The existing shelves were sway backed and cracked (I guess they were holding heavy cream ;)). Anyway, I grabbed a pair from the trash. Took the sway out on my welding table, welded the cracks, and installed strong backs. They work great, and best of all……… they were free. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/ramp1.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/ramp2.jpg[/img]

...another moment in recycling's finest hour. Talk about being at the right place at the right time...then, connecting the dots. Great score Dutch! Steve

Thanks Herb! I bought two of those things at the local auction house last fall for five or six bucks because I thought they would make good ramps but never had a clue what they were! Just proves everything has at least two lives. Larry

Great idea Dutch, I always like to make things out of stuff that other people discard, it's kinda satisfying and it saves alot of money....;):D^

Great Idea Dutch! Now only if I could find some shelves like that. It looks like RBT fits right in your Dodge Van. Everytime I tried to load a Garden Tractor in a Dodge, The mower deck would rub against the back doors as you pushed it in.8D

Good job, Dutch. Almost looks like commercial ramps in the pictures. I'm going to have to keep my eyes open when I go to the scrap yard. Steve