Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
68_Mag

Sears disk

68_Mag
I recently noticed something that I've seen all along, but never thought much of. A friend of my grandfather's collects old garden tractors and implements, mostly WheelHorse and Sears. We were visiting him recently, when I noticed an old disk sitting out back, grown up with weeds. On further inspection, it's a single gang, 3 point disk for a Category 0 hitch. After a few minutes inspection, I found a tag on the side of the upper part of the hitch that identified it as a Sears disk. Now, I've seen this disk all my life, and I can verify it's never been used more than three times, since he purchased a PTO tiller...although it's sat out in the weather ever since I can remember. My question is, what would a fair offering price for it be? I'd like to get it at a good price, but I'd hate to take advantage of the gentleman. He just asked me to make him an offer. Suggestions?

Stoneheartfarm
There is one on eBay right now, with a $49.99 starting bid. Sears Tractor 3-point Disc Assembly http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20544&item=2326205858 [img]http://ebay2.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_78b9c7790ce9848696bed5d94927a378/i-2.JPG[/img] Steve

Brent_Baumer
I've seen those Brinly disks like the above several times at auctions in better shape than that sell for $35-$50. I think they are under $150 new from Brinly but my memory may be faulty. Some Lowe's stores carry them. Brent

Stoneheartfarm
quote:
Originally posted by Brent_Baumer
I've seen those Brinly disks like the above several times at auctions in better shape than that sell for $35-$50. I think they are under $150 new from Brinly but my memory may be faulty. Some Lowe's stores carry them. Brent
I don't know about from Brinly, but I think I saw them in my Northern catalog for under $150.00. Steve