Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sears disk

68_Mag

I recently noticed something that I've seen all along, but never thought much of. A friend of my grandfather's collects old garden tractors and implements, mostly WheelHorse and Sears. We were visiting him recently, when I noticed an old disk sitting out back, grown up with weeds. On further inspection, it's a single gang, 3 point disk for a Category 0 hitch. After a few minutes inspection, I found a tag on the side of the upper part of the hitch that identified it as a Sears disk. Now, I've seen this disk all my life, and I can verify it's never been used more than three times, since he purchased a PTO tiller...although it's sat out in the weather ever since I can remember. My question is, what would a fair offering price for it be? I'd like to get it at a good price, but I'd hate to take advantage of the gentleman. He just asked me to make him an offer. Suggestions?

offer him 1/2 the price of new, thats what we do around here for something thats old bot good. Mel_W

There is one on eBay right now, with a $49.99 starting bid. Sears Tractor 3-point Disc Assembly http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20544&item=2326205858 [img]http://ebay2.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_78b9c7790ce9848696bed5d94927a378/i-2.JPG[/img] Steve

I've seen those Brinly disks like the above several times at auctions in better shape than that sell for $35-$50. I think they are under $150 new from Brinly but my memory may be faulty. Some Lowe's stores carry them. Brent

quote:
Originally posted by Brent_Baumer
I've seen those Brinly disks like the above several times at auctions in better shape than that sell for $35-$50. I think they are under $150 new from Brinly but my memory may be faulty. Some Lowe's stores carry them. Brent
I don't know about from Brinly, but I think I saw them in my Northern catalog for under $150.00. Steve