Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
bigcountry

Freebies!

bigcountry
I know they're not orange, but I figured I'd tell about my good luck yesterday. I went to the dump, found 3 pushmowers (Murrays), but I needed the parts, they were free. Then I went to the local JD dealer and asked if they had anything they were gonna throw away (summer project after vacation for me), they told me to go to the back lot and look around. When I walked out the door, first thing I see is a A/C 310. But it was not a throw away--it was in for a rebuild (Darn!!). Then I went on around to the back. There was a White LT-12 and a John Deere 108. So I went back to the front and inquired on both of them. He came back there with me and told me I could have the White free and for $50 I could take the JD. I think I might go back up there later and get the JD, he said it was a trade-in and they never resold it, and that his father (the owner of the dealership) didn't care about the White, but if he gave that JD away...well, you know the rest. So I have a free White, a little rusty, but it's gonna be a racin' mower as soon as I get the time to get it going. It has a 12hp B&S and a 7 spd variable trans., perfect for racing:D.

bigcountry
I also got another push mower today for free! I got 2 of the 4 running today. So tomorrow afternoon I'm gonna see if I can get another 1 going, cause I found that one has a cracked block, so that's gonna be my parts source. I'm gonna sell all of the ones that run later on.

rokon2813
with todays prices its usually cheaper to throw away a pushmower (or weed eater) than take it to a shop if you dont have the ability to fix it yourself. With shop labor rates around here at 50 plus per hour if it isnt a 10 minute job its not worth getting fixed. you can buy a cheap pusher for 129 or a weed eater for 60. Its amazing how many of these get thrown out in the spring because they wont start after setting all winter. For someone a little mechanical a 15 minute carb clean makes 'em run like new.