Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

???'s about Sickle Bars

Like Tim said, looking at the hitch is the key. I run a sickle bar on my B-112. The belt goes over a small pulley attached with the larger one that turns the mower deck. These mowers were made by Haban Mfg. of Racine Wisconsin. I have tried to contact Haban but they wont return my phone calls. I have been unable to locate any parts for these mowers. Haban made them for other makes and I suppose that you could modify and add an existing AC/Simp. hitch if you find a mower made for another brand of tractor. The main problem with one of these mowers is running the engine too fast(never over half rpm), doing so will break the mower. If anything is broken it should be obvious, but since parts are probably not available you are taking a chance on buying one. Good Luck

John, The ones for the B series would of coarse be yellow and probably easiest to find. They hook to the front axle so that part of the hitch is easy to recognize. From what I have heard parts are NOT available for these sickle bars. They don't have standard size sickle sections or stone guards. If any are broken or if you break one you will be SOL unless you can find it used. Other can probably offer more words of wisdom. Tim

I'me going to look at a SIDE MOUNTED Sickle bar for my AC B-110 and I need some info. 1/ The seller "thinks it will fit a AC but isn't sure" Is there any distinguishing characteristics about this attachment that would help me identify if it will fit my tractor? 2/ What should I check to ensure the Sickle bar is in good condition and not a lemon? 3/ Are parts available to fix it if needed? 4/ What colours where they ( to help with identification ) any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I have only seen this attachment in pictures. Thanks

• 1 month later...
Not much more to add. They are all correct. I bought one in 63, and have had to keep it in running order. My worst problem was with the large driven pully comming loose. Had to weld pully to shaft. I sharpen the knives about once a year, but don't grind on the very much as I have never found new ones.