Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
jischi

728 Simplicity - Need a new motor

jischi
Hi there. I was wondering if anyone knew of a repower motor for this type of tractor? My local mechanic said he isn't able to get a rebuilt or repower motor for it. The tractor is overall in good shape with a tiller. I would really like to find something for it. Thanks again! Jon

gregc
Here's a link to one that can be installed in your 728: http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/product.asp?PN=195702 Here's a link to a short block with a cast iron cylinder sleeve: http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/product.asp?PN=SB397816

thedaddycat
This is the Lawn Chief that the engine's in, sitting next to a Honda Harmony mower with a thrown rod. I got both for free after placing an ad for "dead and dying" tractors. The deck has rust holes in it, he likely didn't want to replace the mower....

This is the engine, a Briggs 8 hp, Model 190707, Type 5840 01, Code 85110612. The guy who gave it to me is retired from the NYFD and he said it ran last year before he decided that he was going to have someone else mow his grass. I have not tried to run it yet.

Jon, if you click on the "note pad with a pencil" icon above your post, you can edit it. You don't need to make another post to correct an error....

gregc
Jon, I hope you're aware that the 190707 engine is not Synchro-Balanced and is usually mounted with rubber spacers or some other way to try and reduce vibration that is transmitted to the tractor or mower. The original engine in your 728 was Synchro-Balanced and bolted directly to the frame.