Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rock-n-Roller....

thedaddycat

There are rocks and then there are ROCKS!!! In order to deal with the bigger ones around here I took an old barrel truck(hand truck for moving 55 gal. drums) and added an extra set of wheels to it. Now when the barrel truck flops over the weight is sperad out over four wheels and the handles can't dig into the ground. I got this bad boy into the truck by using a come-along to pull it up the ramps on the Rock-n-Roller.

I'm working on a system to use an old tow bar from a garden cart, still trying to figure out the best way to do it.... The chain works just fine for now, though. A rock that's less flat will tow easier because the weight will be more centered between the wheels. This one dug in a little on soft ground because the weight was more forward on the front wheels.

Though it took a bit of effort, the Putt Putt made it up the hill with this thing. It will rest here against this tree untill needed for a bench, step, or part of a wall. The rock is 4' tall, 3' wide at the base, 2' wide up top, and 6" thick and weighs OMG heavy......

As flat as that one is, I figured we'd have a stone skipping contest out here. Anyone who can pick it up and skip it across the pond gets the pick of my tractors..... LOL

;)My solution to rocks like that, is a deeper hole next to it and buried at the bottom!!!! But I do like your idea for the rock n roller!!!! [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

Around here we call them SEX AGATES! I know why but can’t post it here?B) Great idea on the rock n roller.:D^

You sure work the dickens outta old put-put Kirk, not too mention yourself. Thanks for the pics, ya always got some good ones going..MPH

Yeah, I have to love that old girl. I've been doing some tilling with her lately. Lots of small jobs, but one was a 100' X 100' garden from scratch(lawn). I had to use the plow first then three passes with the tiller. Now that was a workout for both of us. I treated her to a fresh oil change after that one..... Towing a rock was nothing by comparison!!