Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

'64 Landlord Repaint accomplishments - pics

KSever

Since I have been through everything that needed repaired or replaced. I decided this morning to take the Landlord apart for the 3rd time and begin painting. What a fun time it is. Burnt the new Black and Decker orbital up and then had to revert back to hand sanding (that's for the birds). I had to take the sander back to ACE and they told me that they would have to send it in to be repaired (just not a exchange after 20 days of ownership)But all and all I still got alot accomplished. Somewhere here, there is a Simplicity Landlord

So far so good

In this picture you can see how close the match is between the Deep Orange Simplicity paint on the grill to the left at $9.00 a can. And on the right is the seat deck painted with the Duplicolor Chevy Orange 1607 at $2.99 a can.

Now I can't wait to get this refreshed B&S 9HP back in the Landlord.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KSever

• Boney

• mowerman1193

• Bunky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kris, It looks like your well on your way to having a fine looking tractor, keep us posted...8D

Kris, That seems like a lot for one day and such a good job too.8D Wish I could move that fast. I seem to have gotten a little slower over the years.:(

Greg, I did have the grill done about a month ago and was only going to paint the grill, seat deck and hood but I couldn't take the scratched paint on the rest of the tractor. After looking at the tractor all together Friday night I decided Saturday that it was coming all apart and getting a full paint. Boney, The engine is spray can high temp paint for a barbeque

Kris,That looks great!!!I have a question though.Did you have the sides of the grill chrome plated?Most of those tractors I see they are just rust or someone painted it orange.That looks real nice with the chrome on there like that. BTW,In the one picture there it looks like you are trying to get a ground to do some welding , LOL.I did'nt know you could use the fuel hose for a ground though,LOL

Kevin, The chrome was actually painted over with silver paint. I cleaned it off to only find a burnt area by where the exhaust is next to. Cleaned off the siler paint with a 3M green pad and then sprayed the chrome with a clear laquer. Didn't know if you noticed either but the decal I had made at Signs By Tomorrow and is silk screened for $10 which was their minimum charge. I still have to have the rest of the decals made but was waiting so I can have them all made at the same time so I can use up that minimum charge. No I'm not trying to get a ground that ground clamp is just hanging next to the engine on the bench;) You mean you can't get a ground from a rubber hose??

Well after having bad primer and fisheyes(I think it was on the shelf too long)and having to sand the frame and front end two times. I got the frame, front end, and rearend back together. I tried to get the lift lever off so I could sand and paint it but decided that it wasn't coming off even with a sludge hammer. It's on to the wheels and sainding them down completely since they have been painted with house paint.

Nice job there Ksever, looking real good. Like those attention to details. I used to work in a body shop as a painter and fisheyes are caused by oil or any kind or silicone. I used to hate it when someone would Armor All their vinyl top and let it run down onto the painted surfaces. Can be a bear to get all of that off. Sometimes I had to use fisheye remover into the paint gun. Now if I only could repaint mine, it’s the only tractor I have so I’ll have to get another one first. Hmm, that sounds good actually :)

Looks Great.. I'm getting ready to paint my 2010, It's well worth it after it's done .... You will have lots of compliments....

Kirs,Yes I knoticed the decal too...I know what you mean about taking all the stuff in at once for their labor charge on the decals.I still have not made up all the decals for the Broadmoor...cost me a too much for them dash decals...I hope to take the rest of the stuff in and get them make in about another month,when my tractor fund gets built back up,LOL

The Decal does look Good is this Signs By Tomorrow a local place in your area or a place on line???? I'm looking for a place to make the decals for my 2010 I'm getting ready to start on....

Brian, It is a national chain. They only have the Logo for The Simplicity but can make a decal with a jpg. off a disk.

Kris, Thats a fine job. To me that is the best time, when I'm redoing one. I've had mine apart many times too. It really feels good when you know it's going to be the last time you put it back together. Hope you post more pictures later. I've been away for awhile. Lots of yard work... doesn't look like I'll make it to the show this year. Something turned up in the last few days. :( You'll have to hurry to get your Landlord there.

Beeen a little preoccupied with the Dentist in the last two days but I'm still getting things accomplished. Been working in between the pain pills to try and get this tractor somewhat running to take to Rhinelander. And it is looking pretty promising so far.Doing my last tractor I kind of forgot to take pictures of the progress so this time I decided to take alot. I do know that the rearend and the center support are not suppose to be black but I decided that it looked alot better this way, and I especially liked the contrast between the wheels and the hubs painted black.

Still looking Great.. It makes me want to get started on mine.. But I need mine to til my garden with for now.... Maybe i'll take the frame off my 101 so i can get started.. LOL