Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
thedaddycat

True "Hub Caps" vs.Wheel Covers

thedaddycat
Has anyone else ever seen true hub caps on an older Broadmore instead of the full wheel covers? I was looking at one of the older ones out back and noticed that it had them. Though I have seen plenty of the Baby Moon style, I don't recall having ever seen ones like these. Though rusty, you can see that they were once bright and shiny chrome. This is the front one. It has a small hole so you can get to the set screw in the collar.

This is the rear one. Would you call it a Micro-Moon cap?

Here's a full wheel cover on another old Broadmore. It's the commonly seen Baby Moon cap, shown for comparison.

gregc
Although I have never seen the small hubcaps I think these were on the 990287 and 990373 . They had Standard wheels, tires and hubcaps. I believe the Standard wheels and tires were smaller than the Deluxe wheels and tires that were on the 990288, -303, -374, -375, -424 and -425. The baby moons were the deluxe hubcap.

mowerman1193
I have never seen that style before...although I have the deluxe models (2)717's and a 728.The 717's have the moon style while the 728 has something simular to what you have on the rear wheels but I have nothing on the front...