Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

True "Hub Caps" vs.Wheel Covers

thedaddycat

Has anyone else ever seen true hub caps on an older Broadmore instead of the full wheel covers? I was looking at one of the older ones out back and noticed that it had them. Though I have seen plenty of the Baby Moon style, I don't recall having ever seen ones like these. Though rusty, you can see that they were once bright and shiny chrome. This is the front one. It has a small hole so you can get to the set screw in the collar.

This is the rear one. Would you call it a Micro-Moon cap?

Here's a full wheel cover on another old Broadmore. It's the commonly seen Baby Moon cap, shown for comparison.

Although I have never seen the small hubcaps I think these were on the 990287 and 990373 . They had Standard wheels, tires and hubcaps. I believe the Standard wheels and tires were smaller than the Deluxe wheels and tires that were on the 990288, -303, -374, -375, -424 and -425. The baby moons were the deluxe hubcap.

I have never seen that style before...although I have the deluxe models (2)717's and a 728.The 717's have the moon style while the 728 has something simular to what you have on the rear wheels but I have nothing on the front...