Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Brent_Baumer

Snow Thrower Question

Brent_Baumer
Are the throwers themselves from the 700 series AC/7000 series Sim. the same as is used on the 900 series AC/ 7100 series Sim? What I really want to know is if I used the single pulley hitch off a 900 series would it work in place to the two pulley hitch on a 700 series thrower? That way I could leave the front clutch on the 700 series tractor and drive the blower from the front on the 716H and use the same thrower on the 916H but use the right front hitch and 147" belt and drive the blower from the center PTO? I have used both styles and am familiar with the setups for each but my memory is not good enough to remember if the throwers themselves are the same. Thanks, Brent

Dutch
Brent, The "OEM" snowthrowers should interchange between the 700/7000 series and the 900/7100 series. The biggest problem I have seen is that "other" snowthrowers have been installed over the years. Measure the snowthrower drive pulley. If it's 7", you're okay driving with either the 700 series front PTO or the 900 center PTO. The correct pulley is a #171248.