Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
jrichason

Tick Tick Tick

jrichason
Good Morning, Funny how things work out. Last night, I was working on doing my first spring maintenance on my 7116H tractor (yes I was a spring maintenance virgin). My 3.5 year old son was out in the garage with me. After I got the new oil, air filter and spark plug in I wanted to make sure it ran OK so I started it up. The tractor started right up and then my son asked me what the ticking noise was. I had noticed the noise before, but had become kind of used to it I guess. The engine is 16hp cast iron brigs and is a little over a year old. The ticking noise reminds me of rocker arm noise I used to get in my old Ford truck. I wonder if the noise is either valve or electronic ignition related. Does anybody have any other ideas? How often do the valves need to be adjusted? Thank you for your input! Have a great day. It looks like it is going to be a nice one in MN! John