Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snapper now selling new Simplicity tractors

Kent

Looks to me like you can get a new Conquest or Prestige labelled as a Snapper. Wonder what else is coming? [img]http://www.snapper.com/images/l_yard_garden.jpg[/img] http://www.snapper.com/yard_garden.html

I wonder why they did'nt keep the simplicity name and just sell them through snapper dealers.We have a simplicity dealership that will be offering snappers soon.Thought maybe a less expensive alternative to a SMI.I don't believe they will be labeled simplicity.?

Looks too me more like snapper bought Simplicity then the other way around guys, I saw an add on the satilite tv at work camp showing Snapper/Simplicity lawn tractors. Struck me a little backwards.. MPH

The Simplicity dealer here has taken on the Snapper push mowers to complement the Simplicity line.

If you go to Simplicitys site the announcement is there they did buy snapper.Also a friend who is a commercial landscaper/mower asked me what line Simplicity had for commercial users well,that led me to Ferris and how Simp.has puchased them and their sales have been better than Scag this year . If you want some interesting reading go to ferrisindustries.com and read their company history it sort of parallels Simplicity`s history started out making one product and excelled making another. sorry so long winded but I`m ready to buy some stock!!!:D

I grew up with Snapper rear engine riders. They are pretty simple and last forever. Should be a good marriage. ddh

I would of thought that when simplicity bought Snapper there would of only been simplicity's But I guess this way they can cover 2 lines.. What the cost difference in cost between the snappper and Simplicty for the same tractor????

Our local Simplicity dealer, has always sold Simplicity and Snapper in the same building. He said the merger hasn't really increased his business, since he has been selling them for quite sometime. He told me it was interesting that he receives a standardized letter from Simplicity Mfg.Company telling of the merger and what he can do to get the Snapper line. He called them to tell them to check their invoice records to show that he already carries both!