Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 9518-Diesel-Anybody know about these?

jdschool

I found a nice Simplicity 9518 today. It looks to have the same 48" deck as my Sovereign and AC716. Do any of the other implements fit this line of tractors? What do these normally sell for? How reliable are they? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

Here's all I know... http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1978/23_%26_28_hp_diesels.htm

Simplicity 9518, same as Allis or Duetz Allis 5215. Made from 1981 thru 1983 in simplicity and Allis colors, longer in Duetz Allis Colors. Mfg. by Hinomoto of Japan using Toyosha engines, very similar to some Massey Ferguson tractors of the same era, except for different bell housings. Most of these Jap built tractors are pretty good quality, altough parts may be hard to come by, neither Simplicity or Agco supplies parts anymore. Your best bet for parts would be a dealer of imported used Hinomoto tractors. Very interesting that the AC 5015 has a three cylinder engine where it's two big brothers, the 5020 and 5030 had two cylinder engines.

• 1 month later...
Dieter, did you get the 9518? I have owned a 1983 AC 5015 about four years and have been very pleased with it. It has a 54" belly mower and a Cat. I 3-oint hitch, so any Cat. I implements work with it. I have been able to get all the parts I need for it from my local Agco dealer and/or Tennies Hardware (a Simple Tractors sponsor), although I have not needed anything for it during the past year. As to price, I believe the 5015 will bring about $3500. Sorry to reply so late, but just rad your post this morning.