Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

48" deck ?

dieselman

I was putting my 48" old style deck together and cant rember what side the roller mounts go on the turn screws. Do they go on the inside or out side? If someone could they post a pic of a back view of a decks roller assembly. Thanks

Thanks Scott that will work. That is a 42" deck right? I gess ill have to add a washer or 2 cus when i put them on the out side The rollers in the middle seemd to have a luttle play.

Hmm! my deck has no turn screws. What do they do? Anyway, wish I'd seen the picture when I was changing the belt. It took me quite awhile to figure out how it goes on. Good luck! Don

When I flip it over and measure with the outer blades at their farest points left and right it measures 48inches.

mine has 2 rolers on the out side of the bar and 6 in the middle my rolers must be narrower. Don the turn screws are to adjust the hight of the deck. also when ever i take a belt off like that i draw a digram so i get it right the next time. Learnd that when changing belts on a Vermeer baler.

There are two sizes of rollers available. I have both on my 48" deck. The owners and parts manuals show just the smaller ones on my deck but I used a larger one on one of the outer ends. One thing I noticed, most people fill the area between the adjusters, but on my deck (With a completely new set of adjusters which includes the roller bar.) I used cotter keys in the sets of holes provided and didn't fill the entire bar. I may pull it apart and fill the rest of the area this fall, but it seems to work just fine as it is.