Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Value of Allis Tracker 8 Snowblower

Kent

I have a early-70s (orange, not yellow) Allis-Chalmers Tracker 8 snowblower (crosses to a Simplicity Sno-Away MFR 990805) that I want to sell, and I have NO IDEA what it's worth. It is a beast -- 28" cut, 2-stage, and weighs over 250 lbs. It is in very good condition for its age, has an 8HP Briggs cast-iron engine with 110V electric start, 3-speed cast-iron transmission (from a Serf maybe?), and it runs very good. It'll start on 1st or 2nd pull, pull starting it. Any ballpark ideas of pricing this thing? If interested, I'll take some pictures... Here's the Simplicity Owners Manual for it, if you want to see what I'm talking about. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_100_3685_00_XX_S.pdf

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42230&item=2325528747

The guy who gave me my B-110 offered me a Jacobson Imperial 626 Snowblower. Weren't these made by Simplicity or Allis-Chalmers? I declined because he said it needed The brass helicon gear that rotates the auger. He said it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. I was unsure if this part was still available. If any of you guys know if it is, I'll go pick it up. Kent- a local dealer I go too would put out the snowblower in Mid October for around 300.00. I live in Newburgh, NY and I don't think the New York and Massachusetts prices would make a difference.

The one on eBay has a bad brass helical gear -- as did mine -- so it's not a good indicator of price. That gear is NLA, by the way. Mine looks much better also. The paint has flaked/peeled on the engine, but otherwise it looks very good with its original paint. I considered repainting that sheetmetal, but didn't want to detract from original if some Allis collector wanted it.... I just replaced the bad helical gear in mine with a good used gearbox that another club member found for me.... This is the same gearbox that Simplicity used in their Roticul tillers, BTW. Typical timing for me -- I didn't get it done until the winter was over, so I didn't have a chance to use it this winter, and now the price is "out of season." The starter rope broke earlier last fall, when I moved it up to the garage so I could fix it, and I also replaced that yesterday while I had it apart. (Rainy days are good for catching up on a few projects. If it weren't for having to go to a function last night, I would have used the rainy day to make a tractor run...) Nick, thanks for that info. I know Jacobsen was a different manufacturer of tractors and commercial mowers, but I don't know if they made their snowblowers or not. If it was the same as the Simplicity, that part is NLA. This one was intermittent the last time it was used (now two winters ago) but finally quit working altogether. I may just take mine to the Orange MA show, put a $200 or so price on it, and see if an "orange collector" wants to add it to his collection.

Thought I'd show you the condition of this beast -- I think it's in a bit better condition than the one on eBay... I'd like to find a Landlord or Sovereign that's this old, and still in this good of shape.

You are right it is in very good condition. Maybe you could put it out for $350.00. With the snow this past winter, I think alot of people will be looking for a snowblower. I am sure somewhere in the US there is a Landlord or Sovereign in that shape. I know someone who has a Lawnboy Push Mower from the 60's and rating it from a 1 to 10 condition I give it a 9.