Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

restored? b112

DonNewberry

[url]http://hyperphoto.photoloft.com/view/Album.asp?s=cano&u=1765555&a=1351907[/url] With any luck, the link above shows the photos of my b112. About a week and a half ago I stated it would only take a day to finish assembly. I'm still not done. I can't find the plate that covers the battery and I forgot to take the plate above the hydraulic tank to the sandblaster. Needless to say I can't find matching spray paint. Even more interesting is the fact that the painter called Allis Chalmer and supposedly matched the paint. It's not the same color as before. In any case, Alice stopped mowing the lawn for these pics. The dog in number four is rocky. He wandered into the picture to give his opinion on anything that takes time away from playing with the dog. I guess I'd better take him hunting.:)

Don, She looks pretty durn good to me. Perhaps you could fabricate a rear platform for Rocky to ride on for real-time inspections concerning tractor-related activities when hunting season isn't on.

Even though It dosen't look like the original paint, In my opinion it looks like its faded, even though you just painted it still looks good.^ with my B-110 I plan on taking the hood cover to Benjamin Moore and have them make up a custom can of oil base paint.

Nice job, Don. Are you planning on new decals for it? BTW, what is that on the right rear side of the tractor painted silver? I can't tell from the picture. Is it something behind the variable speed pulley, or the pulley itself?

The color in the pictures almost looks like the lighter yellow the early B's were painted. But anything that is the same color and not rusted looks good to me :D

Kent I believe on the Right side of the tractor that is the mower deck you can see. On the left sde it is the tiller pulley and clutch assy.

You're right! it's the tiller pulley. It's actually off white, but looks silver in the pic. Today I used it for the first time. The belt wanted to slip off the idler? pulley on the clutch. It's the flat pulley that moves up to engage the belt. In any case I tightened it up and went a little higher on the depth. After that it worked just fine. Unfortunately I was having fun so I tilled about three times as much space as I needed. Guess I'll have to get more seed!

They do till real nice don't they... I enjoy tilling almost as much as snowblowing, and it's a lot warmer... ;)

The snow blower I'm still working on. I put a 16 horse b/s in the b112. It has a threaded shaft on the front. I need to find a pulley that will work for it. As for decals, I'm not sure. I may just cut some stencils and paint it. Kinda amazing for something i only got for a lawn mower. She's grown on me, as have the implements.