Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

rear axle seals b112

DonNewberry

Has anyone changed the rear axle seals on a B112 or similar? I'm heading for my manual, cuz they started leaking. I can handle any answer other than split the rear case and take the rear end apart. Don

I bought a set, but haven't put them in yet. Mine were leaking, but it was because I overfilled the tranny(Duh!). I was told that you can pry them out and change them without taking the tranny apart. Put tape over the tubes to prevent damaging the seals during the install.

good news at last. I did not think it was possible to over fill the transmissions on these! They don't operate under pressure like the hydraulic pump does. Strange, but fixable. Don

Don, They don't operate under high pressure, but the turning gears will build up pressure and cause them to leak if you overfill them....

I have changed them but I also put in bearings so I had to split the cases. It wasn't all that bad .

I just replaced 2 sets in both my 700 and 2110 not too hard can be done by pulling axle from tube. I have bunch of pics that I'll try to post.:)

I have a B112 it leaks just a little spot size of a quarter after mowing for 2 hours So I won't replace right away.. I would like to see the photo's ....