Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
mongson

AM I CRAZY?

mongson
Yesterday after I tilled my garden. 35' x 25' with a Sears 24" tiller, I then hooked up my pin hitch dethatcher to my Regent 14 and put about 4 pavers on it and dragged it accross my garden in each direction. I was surprised at how well it pulled out most of the clumps and also left a relatively smooth raked looking surface. I know that it is only a lawn tractor, but I can't really go out and buy a garden tractor yet. Is it crazy or harmful to use my lawn tractor for some garden tractor things? If not, then I will start fabricating me all sorts of implements and hitches. Please advise. Thanks.

dieselman
It shouldn't hirt it at all. I would start building away. The reason they call it a lawn tractor is that the company didn't make any attachments like tillers and plows for it due to haveing a cheeper modle that home owners who didn't have a garden could by.