Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Kent

Agco Lawn Tractor Brand Still Alive?

Kent
I went by Calvin Neely's dealership (Yankee Sales & Service) during lunch to pick up a tire for my HB-216, BS, and see what I missed at the wet Woodstock show yesterday. Calvin said that he was told last week that the Agco brand name of tractors will NOT be discontinued at the end of this year, like we'd heard earlier. At least this remnant of Allis Chalmers history remains! :D I wonder if a lot of Agco dealers complained about it, especially since they're now going to be selling new tractors in two different shades of red (Massey and Snapper), while the Simplicity and Agco tractors are at least the same color. The difference is the decals and the printed material that goes with them....

dieselman
My dealer is very invloved in simplicty and sells all Agco mowers if he gets a simplicty it gets repanted and Agco decales. He said this winter that they had thought about it but had already decided aganst it. he said that there are very few Agco dealers compared to Simplicty dealers. due to when Dutze took Allis Chalmers over no one could sell a green mower so they switched to simplicty.

Leroy
Well maybe lime green was just too green. lol Have you visited the Agco site Neil? www.agcocorp.com They make Massey Ferguson among others. There are 22 brands that Agco makes. Shurely they are in your state. The closest dealer to me is 179 miles. Not a comforting thought. But it is made in the USA. After i get enough info on the tractors performance from satisfied users i may set my sites for the ST compact by AGCO.

Bunky
Well I would like to see the AGCO line stay available as long as it can, not that I would probably buy one.. Just because I like Allis Chalmers And I like orange too... LOL

SmilinSam
The way I understood things the name on the tractors used to be "Agco-Allis" and that they were dropping the "Allis" part of the name entirely. Hence Allis Chalmers is officially dead as far as tractors goes. Should add some more $$value to collectability of AC tractors...

Kent
Sam, that's correct as far as the name changes. It was also reported last fall that Simplicity was going to stop labelling any tractors as Agco at the end of 2003, and the existing Agco dealers were given the option to pick up the Simplicity line (who they actually dealt with for parts, etc., anyway). Now it looks like that decision has been changed, and the Agco name will continue to be put on Simplicity-made tractors sold by Agco dealers. Exactly what it does for collectibility and value, I'm not sure. But it certainly helps fight the impression that this brand has been "killed or abandoned"...

AGCO918
I am very glad to hear this.The best news i haves heard in a awhile on this subjest.I want to buy another agco tractor in the future.I wish simplicity would go back to making compact tractors like the 720 Ac size tractors.

Kent
Chad, Just wait and see what the 2004 Legacy looks like... Let's just say that the Kubota BX series and John Deere X series have caught Simplicity's attention... I can't share any details of the rumors I've heard, but if they actually come to pass, I think you'll be quite pleased...

Kent
2002 brought the new Conquest/Prestige, 2003 brought the new Broadmoor, and 2004 will bring -- hopefully a new Legacy.... Remember that they are a tiny company (about 500 employees, total) in comparison to John Deere or Kubota... it's kind of like David vs Goliath. David hasn't slain the giant (and probably never will, either), but they're certainly doing more than just playing defense.... If the new Legacy is as much a hit in the marketplace as the other new designs are, it'd be a pretty incredible feat... The Conquest, with true diff-lock at under $5000 is doing really well against JD, especially, and the Broadmoors are considered by many to be the best overall value in their class of machines...

AGCO918
Kent: i dont know what you heard but i heard from my simplicity dealer awhile back that there might be a fwd simplicity in the future.got me to thinking when you said kubota on the bx series.I hope that is what you are talking about.My agco918 just needs a brother like a 720 or 5015 diesel which is what i am wanting to buy .They can be bought for under $5000.00 with 48 or 60 inch deck and 3 point would be a plus.I would love to have a new agco withfwd and a 3 cy diesel at 20 to 25 hp with a front loader.

Leroy
Chad The AGCO ST 25 is as you have mentioned. www.agcocorp.com Visit the site N. America, Store locater, and products tabs. It is all there and they will send you literature on them all. but the pricing has been a bit lacking in the info i have gotten from them. I just got the pricing. for these AGCO's Brand spankin new 4x4 tractors. Agco ST25-4 Tractor w/Ag Tires and Std. Trans. $11,865, ST25-4 w/Ag Tires and Hydro Trans. $13,385, Agco ST35X-4 w/Ag Tires and Std.Trans. $15,325, Agco ST35-4 w/Ag Tires and Hydro Trans. $17,910. You could deduct 10% from these prices on a cash no trade deal and then add $335.00 factory freight & $220.00 PDI. Please let me know if you need any more information, we currently have in stock a ST30,ST35 & ST40. ksmith@smithtnt 1-800-967-8116 ---------------------- It is alot of money. AGCO is based in Georgia I wonder what the workers think of it? the QC and MTBF for electrical components (Digital dash). Made in the USA I think, based in GA. makes look like it.

Les
quote:
Originally posted by Leroy
Well maybe lime green was just too green. lol Have you visited the Agco site Neil? www.agcocorp.com They make Massey Ferguson among others. There are 22 brands that Agco makes. Shurely they are in your state. The closest dealer to me is 179 miles. Not a comforting thought. But it is made in the USA. After i get enough info on the tractors performance from satisfied users i may set my sites for the ST compact by AGCO.
The Agco ST and Massey Ferguson compact tractors are made by Iseki in Japan. They are shipped in crates to Georgia where the final assembly(wheels, rollbar, etc.) takes place.

Leroy
Can ya gimme a link? I have provided them to show you. If your talking the engines Ok I'm not that far into the unit yet. The info says it has a 3 cylinder diesel. I was not expecting GM or FoMoCo to make it. From the equipment i have used that has mitsubishi engines in them Fork lifts and A Galant test drive and A Dodge colt. I was very impressed with the power on each.

Leroy
The Challenger is the new series. I have not seen them but in the AGCO site they have shut down the IL site to build them in MN. I would be happy to find a 620 0r equivelent here in the NW. But it seems only Japanese units are doing well here. Yamotos,yanmar,Kabota, Mitzubishe There was a flegling biz that was trying to get MF going with in a mile of the other JD and Kabotas, but he went under. I doubt it was because of the unit.