Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Used Regent

JeffN

I am considering buying a used Regent. It is a 14HP Hydro with the Briggs Vanguard engine. The mfg. # is 1692354. Could anyone tell me approx. what year it is and also anything to look for. This would be my second Simplicity and I am still a newbie. Also, what would a fair price for this tractor be roughly. Any assistance you guys could give would be appreciated. Thanks again.

I bought a used Regent 14 Gear with the 14HP Kohler engine in it. The year of mine is 1997 and it was in mint condition. I paid $899.00 or 799.00 can't remember(it was in March though). Once the dealer finally did the dealer prep and gave it the once over, it has been GREAT and I would highly recommend getting one. I love the curves ant the 14" turning radius. It almost handles like a ZTR machine.

Did you finally get some satisfaction out of Muttons? I know you were having some problems.

Yes I did, thank you for asking. I was able to convince them that the tractor never had the "dealer service" that they said is given to all used tractors before going out the door. After they rebuilt the carb, changed the oil and filters,and adjusted the cutting deck, it runs like a top. No smoke, vibrations, etc. I have been using it at least 4 hours a week for stuff like cutting the grass, de-clumping and smoothing out the garden, spreading fertilizer, rolling the moles, and driving the kids around the yard. We bought one of those steerable wagon/carts that Lowes had that connects to my pin hitch. Instant hay ride for a happy 4 and 2 year old. So far, so good.