Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
boox

Landlords or maybe just confused

boox
Ok, I finally got a Simplicity that runs so I can ask questions with impunity now. And I can run it without chasing all over the county to find parts. It's a 63 Landlord with the 23D Briggs,the same one I had listed last year for sale for a friend of mine. He judst wanted more than I thought it was worth. We finally made a deal I could live with. (Dave, I haven't forgotten the B-10, it's next on my list). I've actually been trying to get this one for a while, it has the tiller, single belt snowthrower and a 42" deck. Got it home and ran it a little yesterday to compare the cut to my Wheel Horse until it started to die on me.that's one of the problems. It had been sitting for about a year, but it started up on the first try on the choke when we started it Saturday. Starts good, runs good for about 5-10 minutes and then it cuts down like it's 2 stroking or sputtering. Changed gas, changed filter, changed plug, still the same. It has been converted to coil ignition. So I try to clean the points, seems ok, but no change, anybody got any other ideas? The only other problem I have is what do you Landlord owners do to replace the seats? There's all kinds of info on B-10 seats, what about Landlords? As to the cut...the jury's still out, my WH has a rear discharge deck and I like how it lays the clippings down. Mark

Kent
Theres also a fine mesh screen on the inside of the tank where it outlet is. If I'm using an aftermarket inline filter I usually just take a small screwdriver and punch a hole in this mesh, since I've yet to figure out a way to clean it and keep it clean. I figure the in-line, disposable filter will take care of it...

samson
For the seat, If there is any thing left, I cut all the thread out and laid out patterns out of card board. Then got material to match as close as possible took it all to an upholstery place here in NC, and they sewed it up for [get this 20 bucks] Oh also made new plywood arm rests, and back. Do you have anything to work with?