Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
wire_it1

Has anyone ever heard of a" B-1" loader

wire_it1
I found a loader and the fellow told me the model on the tag says B-1 and can anyone tell me if this is a L-10 or L-12 and if a model B-1 will fit my ac B-112.Any other information will be helpfull.,,,,,,,,,Thanks

tej
I have never heard of a B-1 loader. The L-10 was made for the B-10/B-12 tractors so if AC offered a loader for the B-1 they may have called it a B-1 loader. It could also be an AC loader for an AC B tractor which is a small farm tractor, have you seen it? If it is for the B-1 garden tractor you should be able to make it fit the B112. Look it over and take some measurements. Is it priced reasonable? Tim

Les
AC did sell B1's with hydraulic loaders as well as forklifts starting in 1963. The original B-1 loader handled 300 pounds up to a height of 59 inches. The loader and forklift were made by the Henry Mfg. Co. of Topeka, Kansas. Henry also made backhoes and loaders for the larger AC tractors. AC bought Henry in 1968. In 1983 Henry was purchased by a firm from Minneapolis, MN of which I can not locate any information. This is all according to Mr. Norm Swinford in his book entitled "Allis Chalmers Construction Machinery and Industrial Equipment" published by Crestline.