Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
sandy15445

7117 hydro

sandy15445
I just purchased a 7117 hydro. The hydro lever seems to be very stiff. I noticed that it is pressing against the inside edge of the metal bracket that surrounds it. I hav enever owned a simplicity before. Is it normal for the lever to press against the bracket? How much tension should be on the lever?

Bunky
I too just purchased my first simplicity Hydro a 7016H it too is Stiff, But i think it needs to be like that otherwise it wouldn't stay in the speed you put it in... you would have to hold it... As far as the tension goes I'm not sure...

Ishmael2k
The lever should be quite smooth and easy to move. It is normal for the lever to press against the edge of the guide bracket. There isn't a lot of pressure but it is noticeable, it locks the lever in the neutral position. I'd check the linkage for any binding and also check to make sure it isn't bent. Another place to look is where the rod passes through the guide assembly to see if it is binding, or the spring is messed up. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_843_04_SV_S.pdf This link will take you to the manual for the 7100 hydro series, some very good schematics to look at. I have a couple of these and can take some pics of the linkages if it would help. Rob

HubbardRA
My AC716H lever appears to be very stiff till you learn to use it. Since it has the offset notch lockouts, you need to put a slight pressure to your right side to make the lever move smoothly. It works great once you get the feel of it.

sandy15445
Thanks for all the responses. I'll inspect the hydro lever and linkage and let you know what I find. Another question...the seat is torn. Are exact replacement seats/cushions still available for this tractor. I noticed that the seat has been changed on the newest Soverigns. Loren