Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Bunky

Torque Specs.???

mowerman1193
What nut are you talking about??I only see a bolt in the manual and that holds the pulleys on from what I can tell.If thats what you are talking about it shows 45-55ft.lbs.

mowerman1193
By the way,if you have a model number on the deck you should be able to look it up on the tech site....thats where I looked,but I had to go and find what decks was for the 7016H and I only looked up one of the two it shows.I may have had the wrong one....

johnmonkey
I just had to pull my center arbor (on my recently rebuilt 42" deck) because I DID NOT TORQUE the center nut:(!. I ruined the end of the shaft, fortunatly it looks like the the pulley and bearings are still intact. The only part damaged was the pully hub and spacer. I just looked up the part in my parts manual and it says the following; Grade 2- 3/4- 16 tpi = 180 ft lbs Grade 5-3/4- 16 tpi= 300 ft lbs Grade 8-3/4-16 tpi= 420 ft lbs I am not sure what grade the bolt is. mine has three "dents in the sides so I assume that the bolt is a grade 5. Also in the back of the parts manual it shows how to measure the bolt, and it shows to measure the id of the bolt which reads ~5/8". so the other torques above should be as follows; Grade 2- 5/8- 11 tpi= 90 ft lbs grade 5-5/8-11 tpi= 150 ft lbs grade 8- 5/8 11 tpi= 220 ft lbs I hope this helps JH