Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

pulley size

can anyone tell me what the dia.of the pulley is that drives a rear tine tiller on the B series AC. The one on the bevel gear box Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks CW

CW, The pulley that came with my tiller is 3", AC part 2025264. I have the two belt drive system with the two pulleys that mount on the end of the power lift arm shaft. If you have the single belt drive then the AC part was 2077164 but I don't know the dia. It looks bigger in the parts book. Tim

CW,
As Tim mentioned, it looks like at least two sizes were used, based upon specifically which tiller (and drive/clutch mechanisms) and not necessarily the tractor.... I recommend you try to determine pulley size based upon the specific tiller (model/mfg #) that you're trying to attach.

If it's the later, single belt drive, I THINK (I'm not sure) that it's a 5" pulley, the same size as the center PTO drive pulley on the bevel gear box -- at least that's what I'm getting ready to put on my B-210 since the correct tiller for a B-210 (which I don't have) requires this larger pulley. However, I'll be driving a rear vacuum attachment supposedly off a B-12. Don't know the results yet, since the second pulley is on its way and my tractor is in pieces as I rebuild the arbors for the mowing deck.

I'll let you know if I "overdrive" my B-12 lawn vac with this 5" pulley as soon as I can get it all back together. Worst case, I may turn it into an earthworm harvester, sucking them out of the ground and putting them in my dump cart....

8o)
Kent