Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Parts tractor looking better(pic)

mowerman1193

Hi Everyone,well this was supposed to be a parts tractor for my other 717 but...... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/mowerman1193/717R.jpg[/img] I guess I got a little bored...and look what happend... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/mowerman1193/FrameL.JPG[/img] I took this thing apart last year just so I could put it in the attic of the shop and make space for....More Tractors,LOL Wish I would have taken pictures of the disassembly but it really was going to be for parts honest...

Hey that looks like my pole barn in that photo........ Must be borrowing pictures again.. .LOL

Don't it make you feel good though? Thanks for saving another one! Lookin' good!:D:D:D

Kevin, It looks pretty good! What kind of paint are you using? I can see that tractor already with the grader blade on it. If you need some parts for that tractor I do have some left over from my previous 717. Actually I think I might even have a hood that straight with no dents and the decals have been removed already (I think I still do anyway). I would have to dig in my box and see what I do have. Let me know if you need anything.

Bunky,that is your barn,lol.You sent me that photo when you got that tractor and I kept it,I knew I would end up with that tractor,LOL.That is the only picture I have of it before I took it apart. Kris,I had Ace Hardware do a computorized match on the paint from the back side of a part.Its their Ace Rust Stop brand.It was cheap paint for a working tractor...but I really like it.I used a hardener that is for oil base paints that I picked up at TSC.Total for the quart of paint and enough hardener for a gallon was less than $18. Ace didn't recommend thinning the paint but did say they have something to do so if needed.I sprayed it on a cool day and it ended up getting orange peel kinda bad because it was to dry on the second coat and I couldn't get enough paint on it to get it to flowing good again.So when I do the other side of that frame I am going to use the reducer,I'll really need it when it gets 70+ degrees out.. I always use auto type paints as thats what I used to do alot of,(bodyshop work)so I have never liked the cheap oil base ect. paints with their poor quallity,but this paint with the hardener is alot better than just regular oil base.Guess I will see how it holds up in the long run before I brag it up too much.LOL

Well I am not too sure of this paint now,I painted it 5 days ago and it is still not dry.I am going to give it one last try before I give up on it and use something else...I am going to reduce it down and see if it will dry a little faster...If not then I am either going to use spray cans or get a color match at the local Body Shop Supply....

Well there's something not right either it's because you didn't thin it or soething else because when I brush the paint it doesn't take that long to try even when it's cool...