Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Kent

Happy Birthday, or is it an Anniversary?

grandpawrichard
To the Officers of the Club, Thankyou for all your hard work and Dedication! Without you we wouldn't have this Great Club, and wonderful clubhouse! You are to be commended for a superb club and effort! We all owe you a great debt! Without you, I know that I would still be looking for information and how- tos on tractor repair! As well as not meeting all of the wonderful people that I have through this club! Please keep up the Wonderful work, we all appreciate it! Dick

Kent
Whatever the case, it was one year ago today that the Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractor Club was launched on the Yahoo site. At the end of the first full month (1/15/99), there were 63 members. Now, there's 450+ members and still growing. The site is averaging about 700 visits a day, with total visits to date well over 100,000 (though the current counter only shows 65,000+ since we've physically moved it 3 times). My thanks to all....

LarryC
The result of the growth and interest in this club is based on the good information and content of the pages. Kent is the main fellow who does the knitting together of the info sent to him. Several of the fellows also have a great amount of input into the page. When you ask a question there are usualy several answers to the problem you have. Several of the members take extra time to help in any way they can. I appericate each and every one who takes part in this group. Larry Comer

Karl_Brandt
"Well Now" why does it have to be one or the other? Both are times to be happy and rejoice "but" is it really about either of them? Could it be that because of Kents site people have come together to share not only their knowledge about tractors but of themselves? I personally have learned that its about people "friends" giving of themselves to help others and share experiences about not just tractors but of themselves. Members come and go "but" friends are around for the long haul and I for one feel that I have met not just "Members" of a club or a site but "friends" to whom take this site to be more then just about a Birthday or an Anniversary. I agree with all of my fellow members and "friends" that have replyed so far, "but" if a person reads everyones reply so far they are not just referring to either Kents site or our club as having a Birthday or an Anniversary but of good times they have had, being thankfull for the "friends" that have made this all possible along with the "friends" they have met. Yes take your pick, but I for one think that each and everyday that we are together is a Bithday and a Anniversary in more ways then the "TWO". I feel its a starting point that has not yet ended to which I celebrate each and everyday we are together as a family of fellow members and "friends". That is my choice and thanks to all for giving and sharing of themselves for everyone of us. Your "friend" Jack Lindstrom->happyjack<-