Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homelite axle

Dutch

Just bought an Allis built Homelite T-10 from jdschool. I’ve never seen a complete one before. It has quite a few neat features that weren’t offered on the 700 series. Check out the massive front axle. If it weren’t so darn ugly, I’d be tempted to make it my blade tractor. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/axle.jpg[/img]

Looks somewhat like the 400 series AC. They were different than the 300 series. Built a little heavier BUT that looks heavier than the AC 416 I have. When are you going to buy a FDT? You might be surprised you might like it

quote:
Originally posted by KSever
When are you going to buy a FDT? You might be surprised you might like it
I did buy one..... a B-110. Too hard to work on for my taste. I drove it around before I disassembled it for parts. Didn't like that either. Don't like the unsafe or discomfort of foot rests. I like those RUNNING BOARDS.

The front axle is what impressed me too on our T-15. As to the looks, they kinda grow on you after while. If you thought the B-110 was hard to work on these can be worse. To disconect the driveshaft you need to disassemble the whole upper end of the tractor chasis. Same for work on the steering gears. These are built on 210 frames you know... Also, take a look at where they hid the voltage regulator....thats real cute for accesability ain't it?

I think they all have their good points and bad points for working on them...I have had tractors that you had to take off alot of stuff just to change a belt...while other tractors you have to remove nothing, but try to change the battery and another pain in the rear.

Well I don't know about the rest of you but these Good ole tractors don't need that many repairs, that I would worry about having to work under a hood or not...

A salvige yard in SE Iowa has a complet homelight sitting in the shead with a vicker hydro also has a 712 with 42" deck and sleve hich complet and running