Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Boney

Anniversary tractor

Boney
i found this postted on another forum and thought i would forward it. Walk inside the building at the Kubota dealership on 11E in Jefferson City, Tennessee, and guess what you will see? There on the floor wedged between two bays stocked with misc. merchandise (you can't really call it a show room) sits a 75th (I think that's right) anniversary Simplicity garden tractor. It's six or seven years old and never been sold. I don't know which model it is , but it sure is big! It's painted black paint with pink lightening flashes; and has chrome wheels, exhaust, and head lights. It was never sold and there it sits, a seven year old, brand new tractor, and $6200.00 will buy it. The salesman said they had over $7,000.00 invested in it, and that was seven years ago. That may be a good deal, but it's way too pretty to use and get all dirty.

Brent_Baumer
The reason it has never sold is because his price is too high. I doubt he has $7k in it. There is one of those at my local dealer, I think for under $5K, he also has one of the last Soveriegns made still sitting there on the showroom for $5600. Brent

RickS
There is one for sale near me. When I checked on the price, I think the shop had it listed for $3,500. And that included a vac I believe. If you are interested let me know and I will pass the name and phone number along. If it helps, the tractor is located in Maine. Rick.........

mowerman1193
Like to have one of those but I doubt if I would want to use it,LOL. Besides tractors more than $300 are to much for me...I like getting parts of tractors and put them all together to make one nice one...Most of my tractors have been from free to less than $100 but I have payed as much as 300 a couple times.

AGCO918
my agco 918 in 1999 sold new for$7200.00 with everything but the hr meter.the tractor was on a sales promotion at $5700.00 which i bought it for that and thought i got a good deal.anything under $6000.00 is a good deal a 75 th ann. tractor.

Brent_Baumer
When we were discussing the new-old-stock Soveriegns awhile back Al Eden or another dealer hinted that dealer cost was about $5,500 on them as I recall. Could look for the post but I'm too lazy. Brent