Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

6010 info

rokon2813

How about some opinions on the 6010. Just picked one up that has been sitting inside a barn for 10 years. Has a 42 inch mower deck with it. Unfortunately, the barn had a dirt floor so it needs 4 tires. The only other thing I can find wrong so far is it has no spark and needs a good cleaning. $25

It's a Broadmoor II series, circa 1977-78. I have one on my garage for servicing now. It is a one owner, I have been servicing it for the last 17 years or so. Owner has kept it up, ie new grill, seat muffler plus belts, batteries amd finally last year mower blades.. To my knowledge prior to me watching it, engine is stiil original, never been apart and no hint not of using oil.

my wife thinks she might wanna keep this one to mow with. we will see when it runs. we only mow less than 2 acres and have a b10 42" a landlord 42" and a suburban 42". Dont know if we really need another mower but it is a simplicity

I have a Model 6011. Check it out at http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/6011_broadmoor_ii.htm I have an 11 horse Briggs single cylinder engine, otherwise the two models are identical. I use mine year 'round. I've owned it for about two years now. I have gotten a snowblade for it also. I have absolutely no complaints. The grass cutting quality is great. My wife would like to get a tractor with hydro tranny, but even if I find one, I will keep the 6011. Maybe I'll start a collection.;) Tacey

Try the link now... there was a period at the end of the sentence that somehow got linked and was causing the error message.

Thanks Kent,work good now... That is one clean looking tractor you have there.My 4211 is almost that clean but I don't have anything but a mower and a bagger

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
... there was a period at the end of the sentence that somehow got linked and was causing the error message.
Thanks for fixing that, Kent. I tried to figure out what was wrong with that link.[:0] I was up against an appointment this afternoon @ the office, & I ran out of time. Darn work keeps cuttin' into my SimpletrACtors time way too much. Tacey