Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
skot71

Wheel Bushings/Bearings

skot71
I need to replace the bushings on my B-208. What is the best way to remove the old bushings? Does anyone have the dimensions of the bushings? I've seen bushings and bearings at Tractor Supply, and wondered if those would fit. Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

mowerman1193
The bushings I think at the dealer are only about $6 for all four of them.I know they are not too much...as for taking them out I use a hammer and a punch...

gregc
Scott, Be careful here. The bushings for the 6" wheels are not all the same outside dia. between Simplicity and the Allis 207 & 208. I think you need part no. 1713167 but I can't be sure. That is the part no. that my B207E uses and is listed in parts manual from April 1972 as Type A. This bushing is much bigger outside dia. than either part no.1605947 Type B listed in same manual or part no. 156316 used on the old Broadmoors. It may be a good idea to remove a bushing and take it with you to a Simplicity dealer if you are not sure which one you need.

gregc
The bore in the wheels are different, I think all these bushings are .755" ID. Here's a pic of two bushings, the one on the left is part no. 156316 and is for my Broadmoor 738. The one on the right is part no. 1713167 and is from my B207E. Both are for 3/4" spindles.

mowerman1193
Ok thanks for the info Greg,I thought if the AC had a heavier spindle I would look up some for my 717 project tractor,as I want to build a johnny bucket for it.Not that I could have too much weight for the spindles on it anyway...

skot71
Thanks for the info, Greg. The manual I have lists the part number as 1601665. I measured it roughly as .75 ID and 1.25 OD. By looking at your picture, I think mine is the same as the one on the left, but I like the idea of taking it to the dealer with me. Thanks again!

gregc
Scott, Actually the one on the right is the one that your manual calls for. The part no. has been changed from 1601665 to 1713167, this is the larger bushing. Your wheels may or may not be original to that tractor and that's another reason to take the bushing with you if you're not sure.