Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Plow

Charlieson

Darn, I got outbid on ebay for a brinley plow again. Daddycat outbid me. Those plows must be like gold. ddh

Well a lot of people seem to want them... and pretty bad I have seen them go for almost new price for used ones...

Be patient and you should win one? Seems like they just keep listing them. I think there is one on ebay now out east someplace. One thing if you want it ASAP use the buy it now and you will have a plow. Do you put Brinly in your search? Good luck bidding.

whats the going rate or how muhc would you pay for one? Iknow where there is one but I didnt try real hard to get it because I didnt have a use for it. I offered 20 for it and he said it would remain a lawn ornament for that price. From what I saw of it, it was in very nice shape.

You'll probably laugh, but I was bidding on it to get the Brinley Hitch, not the plow....

As Wayne said, be patient. If you can be you might get a good deal. I found that more people seemed to bid on one listed as Brinly and fewer bid on one listed as Craftsman. I got a 10" Craftsman Moldboard Plow, maybe used once if at all, (made by Brinly with the Craftsman name on it) for $91. With it I got a new, never assembled, Craftsman GT/VGT Sleeve Hitch. I have seen this hitch sell for over $96 on ebay so I figure I did pretty good. I still have the hitch just like I received it.

I got a brinley plow for $77.13 on ebay. :) Won bid by $.13.:);)^ Bid a odd number ($.00), you will be surprize how many bids you can win by a few cents.;) Wonder how many Yoemans I need to pull plow? I have 2, may need a few more.:);)^

I just picked up a Simplicity MFG #464 10" Heavy Duty Plow from the early 1960's. Its missing the clevist hitch , lift rod and chain. As soon as I get those parts made I'll be listing it on Ebay...

Daddycat, Are you talking about the sleeve hitch? I bought one similiar to that from a guy on this sight. All well, I'll try again. I just keep watching and sooner or later I'll get one. This one and another actually were within driving distance. ddh

Charlieson, What would you pay for a Birnley plow? I have one I only used once and do not need. I made my sleeve hitch and plan to keep it but I could be talked into selling the plow.

Save your search for the Brinley plow. I have Ebay e-mail me when one of my favorite searches comes up. Now if I can only find enough money to keep buying Simplicities.

One of my favorite things to do with Ebay is to print pictures of interesting items, such as hitches, discs or what ever and then fabricate those babies in my shop. Sure it might cost a bit more but it sure puts my brain and hands to the test.

Where are you located Roy? That's been the biggest thing with the plow's how close they are to Broadway VA. ddh

Roy's from Morristown, TN, between Bristol and Knoxville, off I-81... Where's Broadway?

I've paid $65 and $75 for the two Brinley 10" sleeve hitch plows I have. I bought one from an implement dealer. Most farm implement dealers sell lawn and garden equipment as well. Check with them to see if they have anything used laying around. They quite often do. Ask for the lawn and garden dept.

Broadway is between Winchester VA and Harrisonburg VA. I am about 2.5 hours southwest of Washington DC, in the Shenandoah Valley. 30.00 for shipping isnt that bad. I couldnt have driven to Scranton for that.

i have a 10" plow,but missing sod cutter from a allis chalmers b-something.fit and worked good on my allis 410.and also 55 miles closer to you then scranton.

Charlieson, If I visit my daughter in King George, VA it is about 40 miles out of my way to swing through Broadway, VA. If you are not in a hurry we might be able to cut a deal. Shall I e-mail you a picture of the plow? Thanks, Roy