Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
BDSchmidt

Meg -Mo

BDSchmidt
I had recently seen a discussion on the use of 2 blades per arbor and various experiences with this. One forum member brought up the Meg-Mo system and asked if anybody had tried this. I saw no replies to this, and not ever having heard of the Meg-Mo system, I went to the web site that was linked and learned alittle bit about it. Having experience with an old Jacobsen walk behind mower that had a similar blade design I decided to give it a try. I received them today and put them to the test and was very pleasantly surprised. I installed them on a 48" , 1691502,( I think thats the right number), being powered by a 7117 tractor. This deck utilized the flat blades, not the gull wing type. The deck had recently gone through all the gyrations necessary to get the highest possible cut and the front tips higher than the rear tips, etc and was performing better than it had since I got it. Now, its even better with a smoother looking cut and much, much finer grass clippings being spewed out. If any of you have in fact used them I'd be interested in knowing your experience and whether or not you have experienced any problems with them that I should be aware of. THanks! Brian

mowerman1193
I checked out the site but did'nt see any prices for this and any info as to what they could work on...I might have missed it as I just glanced at it kind quick...Do you mind telling us how much this cost?

BDSchmidt
At their web site, under order info is the pricing. It was 49.95 per blade. Each unit consists of a steel disk to which 4 knives are attached. The knives pivot at the point where they are attached to the disk. Replacement knives are 3.95 each . My deck required three units. THe knives are "reported" to be Rockwelled alittle bit harder than standard blades...we'll see how they hold an edge.