Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help, please help!

pullcrazy

I could really use a hand, I need to trace some wiring problems on my 6216 (mfg#1690930) and could really use a wiring schematic for it. My computer skills are limited so I am apprehensive about downloading manuals. Does anyone out there have a copy of this that they could E-mail me? Any help with this would be greatly appreciaed! Thank you in advance! Jeff

Here's the link to the repair manual for the 6216. It's large if your on a dial up connection. It's about 3.1 meg. It has a nice wiring diagram and is a great manual to have. [url]http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_500_974_00_LT_S.pdf[/url]

You should be able to select UCD'S schematic and print it. Right click the picture and select print picture? Hope this helps

Jeff, As we discussed, the lights are the only thing on the black wire (AC) circuit on the alternator. The PTO and Neutral indicators only come on when the key is turned to the start position, this way if it does not crank you can see which safety switch is not closed. Good luck If your replacment motor does not have that circuit

Thanks, Thanks,a million thanks! All of you have been very helpful . I was able to print off the schematic from Maynard. I am going to study it and hopefully I will be able to get it all correct. I will definately keep you all posted soon. By the way, I can't beleive, how fast you all respond...access to this site and group of people is absolutely PRICELESS!! Thanks, again Jeff