Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Bunky

B112 Up and mowing again...

Bunky
Last week I let my Step son mow with my B112 He was mowing along all of the sudden the tractor stalls... He ran over a Flat basketball and ripped the baffle loose in the deck causing the blades to stop... So after having to replace the Baffle and building a couple of "L" brackets to holt it in the Front She's up and mowing again.. And My wife doesn't understand Why I want to mow the yard my self....

RickS
Bunky, I see two solutions. First have your son's eye sight tested. And have you son pay for the repair. If I had to guess, he saw the flat basketball, but did not want to bother geting off the machine and moving it. Rick.........

mowerman1193
Yes,I think they learn real quick with the money come out of their pocket...and I sure do bet he seen it... I used to be lazy and run over the sticks in the yard when I was a kid.I always picked up the stones and other stuff but would just run over the branches. Dad never asked me to mow the lawn but never stopped me if I wanted to..well I pretty much alawys did until I got a car,then I very seldom did cut the grass.Well when I bought the house and he gave me the tractor with the house I still did the same just run over the sticks well after buying a couple sets of blades I make sure to stop every time I see a stick and pick it up...Not only buying the blades but the hassle of pulling the deck off to sharpen the blades.I used to have to sharpen the blades about every other cut...I probably could mow for 5 years now and never get the blades as dull as they used to get in 1-2 mowings...I still sharpen about every 4-5 cuts.

dieselman
Ive never seen why people drive over large stuff like that. I will admite i do drive over a stick if i know it is lieing flat enough that the deck will not pick it up. One time I was mowing when i hit a green garden hose laying very flat in tall grass. Never saw it. talk about a job getting it unwound from the blades took me and dad a half hour to get it cut out.