Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

powermax 4041 for sale

memanpa

a friend of mine has a powermax 4041, cckb 954 hr meter has 565.6 hrs on it, basically new rubber on the rear, a simplicity tiller, and a cultivator, onan engine which i believe to be a 19.5 hp engine that he is wanting to sell, dummy painted it black but it runs as good or better than my 9020, (what is the difference?) "o" 3 point on the rear, no smoke! i am basically a new simplicity owner and am considering buying it for myself, because i like the one i have so well, any idea what it is worth????? incidently i have sold my 9n because of my "sweety" and will be selling my furgie as well as soon as i replace a sector gear! LONG LIVE SIMPLICITY:D:D and from what i am finding out they will last a long time:) should i decide not to buy it anyone interested?

I'm interested but it is to faraway!:( Tell your friend it isn't worth much being it is black and make him an insulting offer! Never know you might end up with a heck of a deal?:D The 9020 you have is a great little tractor like mine! Can't help you on a price because they vary so much. Keep us posted. You should list it in the classifieds with make an offer because you can always say to low of an offer. Any pictures?

There is very little difference between the 4041 and early 9020 tractors. I have two 9020's and one is an early model. I also have a 4041 that is virtually identical to the earlier 9020. I have even swapped hydro units between these two tractors. I would estimate the value to be around $2500 to $2700 if the motor runs good and the hydro has good "jump" when operated. Paul

• 3 weeks later...
If you were closer I would be interested as I am looking for a 9020 but I am in NE ohio And shipping is most likely pricy.

Dang why to you have to be so far away:(I would love to have it.I want another one to restore.Do you have a picture?I think Paul helped me to decide mine is one or the other 9020 or 4041.I'm still not sure.:D:D:D which it is.Pauls got some real nice tractors.If thats what they are worth..I got a grand deal on mine:Dand Paul would most definately know:)

Actually, I'm considering selling one of my 9020's. The one with the steel cab. I really want a 4-wheeler for hunting and fishing at our place up-north. Any body got a Polaris Sportsman for sale?

Gosh Robin, Now that you've sparked my interest, would you mind saying what you got your powermax for? I've seen a wide range of prices, but the word is out and prices won't be so good any more. I paid $1900 for each of my 9020's. One came with a steel cab and belly mower, and the other came with a woods mower and some other ground engaging attachments. My 4041 (I paid $400 for it) came with a mower deck and a rebuilt CCKB, but the flywheel was wrecked. I traded the mower deck for a spare motor with a good flywheel and I was off and running. Oh, sold the rest of the spare motor for $150. Sometimes you come out smelling like a rose!:D

I don't mind telling you.I think I got a good deal.But you be the judge and let me know.$1200.00 with the mower and tiller and three sets of tires. Stormy

High Stormy-- been reading some intresting post from you.Sounds like most of these dudes would turn cart wheels for you. BUT thats the way it should be.(Better believe it)I think you did an ok deal on your toy.Three sets of tires,mower ,tiller, good for you.Blond blue eyes what can a guy do.(ha ha)Thats life ,love it.(You have a good one)--Ron B

Nice buy Stormy, since the tiller for that unit is worth $500. by itself. The three sets of tires are worth another $200. to $300.. The whole package was a sweet deal.

Thanks Rob and JD.Everyone here is very helpful and I appreciate them:)As far as my post being intresting..don't really know about that I ask alot of crazy stuff:DThanks guys. Stormy;)

Wayne, Here's a link to a pic in the gallery. I'm unsure if I wanna part with the cab. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/powr-max_pair.htm[/url]