Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Me a long time ago????

jkmustang1

This was me in 1971? date on film but maybe sooner on a AC B-110 at home:D:D:D

Thought you all might get a kick out of this8D Anyone near Findlay Ohio got one? basketcase welcome

It's always neat to see "vintage" photos of AC & Simplicity tractors. Are you sure that's a B-110? (I might be wrong) The tires look like ones on a B-112.

It's a B-110 had that tractor long after photo wish I had it now that's the one I got to drive once I grew tall enough and long leged enough to push past the brake to change the gear drove it before that slow then stopped it and dad or others would push the pedal down and tell me what gear to use mostly first

Well, you would know if it was a B-110 or a B-112 since it was your tractor. I am restoring a B-110, Picked it up for free from my friends father. Check out the pic in my profile.

nice picture...our childhood memories are something we will cherish forever and they are like our knowledge...they can never be taken away.

Yes The tires do look like the ones on my B112 I too like to see the old photo's of the tractors.. Somewhere there my parent's or grandparents have a picture of me on my grandpa's New Serf the day he got it..

I have a picture of my grandmother, riding on a Farmall Model C, taken on my great aunt & uncles farm. Wish they still had the farm, and tractor.

Jon, Great pic! My great aunt has one of me at about the same age on one of our 8N Fords raking hay. I was short, even for my age...there's a couple of chunks of 4"x4" timber strapped on the clutch and brake pedals so I could get enough purchase to use 'em...so it goes when the ranch is short-handed. One thing for sure...you look like you're having a lot more fun in your pic than I do in mine <G>!

Ok Bunky lets see it I'm sure the others would like that too I'm still looking for the photo of me in a Terra-tiger 6 wheeler. In front of the dealership. Like the one out in front the plant 1970 in photo on site

The Terra-Tiger is the green thing in the front8Dhttp://www.simpletractors.com/Main/AC_models.htm

Be kinda cool to put together a thread with old pictures like this.Wish we had some picture of some of our old tractors.

The B-112 has the Variable drive so you'd see the lever sticking up. I just got one of them this spring and it mows really well. I don't like the wide rear tires for earth work though.....

Do they tend to spin out Kirk? I can't get a grip with my friends JD, while working on the yard.

I think it's a combination of factors. The tires are 10.5's with no wheel weights and turf tread. The traction control studs may not be torqued properly and it seems that the left side is the one being powered a lot. When I say "earth work" I mean plowing dirt with the dozer blade, etc. Since I have other tractors that do much better at that sort of thing, the B is strictly my mower. The Putt Putt with weights and 6" turf tires will drag the B all over creation and not even try hard, even though it has a 5 hp disadvantage...

I noticed his right wheel spins the most, I'll show him your post on the differental. It probably needs adjustment. He has 23.850 12's on his, no weight, and 50% of the tread. I was pretty surprised to see it grab well in the mud though... Maybe better traction?