Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What is this gear oil??

Hey guys! Got a question for ya! I own a '78 7016 hydrostatic. When I got the tractor from my grandmother, there was a can of "Simplicity Special Roticul Worm Gear Oil" #118065 that she had in her shed. Can someone tell me what application this oil was for ? If so, how would I know if the oil was good or not? I have no idea how old it is. Does this oil have a shelf life? Thanks for any info! Randy

OK Jeff! Thanks! Since I have no use for this oil, you or anyone else that owns such a machine is welcome to it. I have no use for the oil. However, I don't know if it's still good. Perhaps you could give me a few pointers and I would be able to determine it's condition, then, send it to whoever or scrap it. Let me know!....free oil!!! Randy

OK Jeff! Thanks! Since I have no use for this oil, you or anyone else that owns such a machine is welcome to it. However, I don't know if it's still good. Perhaps you could give me a few pointers and I would be able to determine it's condition, then, send it to whoever or scrap it. Let me know!....free oil!!! Randy