Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Got me a REAL tractor

cckemm

I have been looking for a simplicity similar to my fathers for a few years, figured if I found the same tractor I would be able to use his attachments:) I didn't find the simplicity but did find a great deal on an AC B-10. I found it on a service call (I do plumbing and heating to pay the bills) sitting in the driveway with one tarp over the tractor and another tarp over the attachments. It didn't look recently used so I figured I would ask if it ran and Bingo!! the guy tells me "sure it runs good, do you wanna buy it?", (turn on poker face) I reply, well lets take a look at it. We go out and jump start it, runs but keeps cutting out, figured it was a fuel problem. So I pull the tarp back covering the attachments (at this point have to reattach poker face and push eyeballs back into my head) here sits mower deck, snowblower, tiller, snow plow, cultivator, disc harrow, bottom plow and all look in good shape. At this point had to ask how much he wanted for it all, he tells me, (turn around cough a few times, reattach poker face again, lift tongue back into mouth, wipe drool off side of my mouth)turns out he wants less than I spend on fuel for my work truck for the month, ended up making a deal and took the price off my bill to him, so ended up with a check in my pocket and a tractor on the truck when I left. Blower and tiller are Simplicity, am sure the blower will work but am unsure of the tiller. Will post pics soon, see if any of you can lead me in the right direction to get the tiller working. Wife was a litte upset with me, second tractor I bought in a month, but hey, the only differance between men and boys is the price of their toys right?:D

Oh by the way, I am new here so HI EVERYONE!! Found this site looking for info on the AC. Very nice and informative site, good job guys.

Welcome to the club/forum. You can find all kinds of help on here. The good deals (really really good deals) come few and far between but do seem to happen in spurts. My wife asks me "what have you bought this time", "why do you need another tractor", and "where do you plan on putting it" just about everytime I come home or go to look at something. Congratulations on the great find. If you were really looking for it, it would have been a bear to ever run across that setup.

Nice find and welcome to the bunch. So how much did you knock off your bill??? No, I don't work for the irs...MPH

Knock off the bill?? Did I say that?? (rip, rip, burn, burn, oooh nice fire, should not have done this in the house)hehe. Lets just say I have spent more at the grocery store. After surfing this site for 4 hrs I have come to the conclusion that I am missing the parts for the rear pto. I will dig through the pile again but am sure they are not there. I will have to look at my fathers tractor next time I get down there to get an idea what all I am missing. Bummer, no deal is perfect.

I wonder if this is the auction you are referring to? If so these parts are there, the part that seems to be missing is a pully and an engagment handle that mounts on the rear of the tractor just to the left of the lift bar. [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2326825311&category=20544[/url]

Nice find and welcome to the club! There is a ton of experience and information on this site to help you out. Good luck on your new project!

Welcome to the club..I'm new as well...and these folks in here are up to par on their knowledge and will help in any way they can.Great club to be a part of.

Little update guys. Ripped the gas tank off and cleaned it with the stones and shaking method, cleaned it so well that I could see light through the bottom of the tank. So after a quick coat of epoxy and a coat of primer slapped it back in the tractor, added a new filter, shutoff valve, sparkplug and choke cable and gave her a spin. Needless to say she started right up and purred like a kitten. Dam these tractors are great.

Welcome to the club, I find it easier to get forgiveness than permission from the wife. That was how I got a new welder.

Welcome to the club,sure wish I could find a deal like that....oh well some day it will be my turn for a great deal like that... Have fun with it....