Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-110 bolt removal

Nick

Anyone have any tips on getting the bolts for the dash panel off the B-110? Also, I am having trouble getting off that panel that sits right in front of the dash (the one that the shifter goes through) Some of those bolts are a real pain in the a@!

Nick, If you haven't already I would soak them with penetrating oil for a bit. Then try and get them off. I broke alot of my bolts off when taking them off the Landlord and replaced the speed nuts that hold them on the back side of the dash and gear shiftplate. Picked them speed nuts up at my local hardware store.

Yes they can be a pain and you may have to do as Kris suggested.. replace them with speed nuts...

Nick, I used PB Blasters to get rusty bolts loose, it works as good as anything I have tried, except for the flame wrench....:D I was able to get the cage nuts from McMaster Carr [url]http://www.mcmaster.com[/url]

I was really talking about actually getting to the bolts, can't seem to get a combo wrench in there, also the rear lift rod is in the way, pulled the cotter pins on that, but can't move it enough to get to the nuts. and also some of the square nuts are held in there with those holding clips, whch a wrench won't fit over, and I can't get a pair of vice grips to lock on the nuts because there is no room to work. I tried to tighten down on the bolts to get them to snap, but the nuts keep free wheeling.

I ended getting all the bolts I wanted to off. I totally forgot to remove the battery box assembly to get to the bolts, DUH! I was so poed last night, I almost gave up restoring it. Well tomorrow, I am taking the rear end off the frame, and to get it ready for primer.