Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Low buck rock rake

alanscott

[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/alanscott/DSC00005.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/alanscott/DSC00006.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/alanscott/DSC00009.JPG[/img] I put this together yesterday from scraps I had laying around. Maybe 20 bucks total and about an hour and a half. I had a hump in the yard that the blade wouldn't bite into, someone in the past had built it up, then sprinkled them annoying red rocks on it. I talked the wife into standing on it, we was making 2 passes in a cross hatch pattern and that was enough to loosen it so the blade could move it. After 3 times of doing that, no more hump. I thought about adding enough weight to do the job by itself, but I didn't think my lift bar would hold up. It's a piece of steel broom handle that's 1 inch with a little clevis welding to the end of it.

It works, thats all that counts. My kids just love to stand on the back blade cause it beats digging out the rocks with a shovel. My lift rod is a square steel stake with an opened up eyebolt welded to it. I'm a little on the lazy side. I'll spend 2 hours in the shop welding up something to save 1 hour of shoveling....

Allan, Pretty nifty! I sketched out something similar the other day, but with the teeth on a removable bolt-on bar. Was planning on using the same frame for different "tool bars" of a sort, maybe one like yours to loosen things up and another with spacings of and inch or so to use raking surface rock into piles before laying turf, etc. Glad it worked well for you....feel a lot better about not wasting my time on the project now when there's some hope of success <G>.

Alan, I was in my local grain store a couple weeks back and found a 1"x 7" hitch pin of hardened steel. It has a hole about 1/2" from one end and comes with a pin that fits the hole in the AC lift. The other end has a large loop handle. With the pin installed, I have about 3- 1/2" between the bottom of the handle and the end of the lift tube. Steve

I have been thinking about building something simular to make furrows in the garden to pant my seeds.I would make it ajustible to make different spacings for different types of veggies..

Yes that Seem to do the job for you it's amazing what one can do or build when they put their minds to it.....