Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
stumpy

parts swap 3314 to 3416

stumpy
Well now...my first silly vickers question.... Anybody know if the BGB and vickers hydro in a 3314 will bolt right into a 3416H? Are the vickers hydro units all the same? I know the my BGB in the 112 has different shafts compared to some of the other B's, but was wondering if the hydro/BGB combos are the same in the higher horsepower ranges between the 3300 and 3400 series. Thanks

Brent_Baumer
May be wrong about this since I don't have them side by side, but I believe the Vickers are the same the but the BGB's are different. The 3400's have the "new" cone clutch style boxes, the 3300's (I think) use the "old" style like on the B-series. Can anyone confirm this? Brent

MikeES
Brent is correct. Other than the cone clutch on the 3416, everything else is the same. Is the BGB bad on the 3416? If not unbolt the side plates from each tractor and swap. If the BGB is bad, then you must decide if you want a cone clutch or a belt clutch. You could swap everything, or if you want the cone clutch you could swap output shafts in the BGB.

stumpy
Brent and Mike, Considering who will be using this, I think the cone clutch needs to stay. Just trying to "bank" some parts for possible future needs. The present BGB is a bit sloppy, and the vickers is the usual leaker. If the only difference 'tween the 3300 and 3400 is the output shaft length to accomodate the cone clutch (meaning shaft diameter and BGB case are the same, etc.), swapping the shaft certainly wouldn't be all that big a deal....might have my compadre acquire the parts. thanks