Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

wanted: sickle bar for big ten

casey

Try posting in the wanted ads. For what it's worth I think you would have a hard time finding a sickle bar for $50 unless it is a basket case.

Casey, (1) These "wanted" statements are best posted in the Want Ads, where they'll remain visible for 90 days. Here, this topic will soon get pushed down the list, out of sight... (2) You and likely hundreds or thousands of others would like to find a working sickle bar for $50 -- you'll likely have to pay $250 or more for one that's complete and works, up to maybe even as high as $500 if it is in excellent original condition.... :D

I have a cable lift sickle bar that I'll let you have for $50, but S&H is going to be very expensive........ LOL And no, you can't come get it to avoid the S&H.......

I bought one for $50 and it was delivered to my house. The guy was so nice that I won't tell the rest of you about him. You might take advantage. By the way, he is a member.

The parts off of a junker are worth more than 50 dollars. You wont find a deal like that on here I'm sure, but check around at yard sales and things. The difference is: people here know what they have and what it is worth. People at yard sales may not know what they have. That is where all these guys score the good deals.

Daddycat..you really wouldn't let him come get it to avoid shipping cost? Rod that must be the Hubbard in you ..not sharing and all. As we say in the south. WELL I NEVAH!!!!!! Just joking Stormy(Hubbard)

Stormy, I just didn't think I should tell everyone about the nice thing that Roy (Oops!) did for me. By the way, you don't happen to have relatives in WVa do you? Since we both have the same last name, we could be cousins and not know it. Sometimes it is a very small world.

Aww see there I knew you had it in you....I think Roy told me about you.LOL.I don't have relatives there that I know of.Come to think of it I don't have many relatives at all.Maybe I need to be adopted.lol. We even have the same intials. R.Hubbard(Stormy)

Stormy, OK I'll let the shipping cost slide if he comes to get it but the handling will still apply.... There's no way I'd let it go for just $50 since I paid more than that for it. It was part of a package deal in which I got the "Cub" Sweepster, cable lift sickle bar mower, and the NOS Carry-All box. I saw the used Carry-All go for over $300 on e-Bay and mine is new(unused, though old and weathered) and has never even been assembled. It still has some of the bolt holes painted over and all the parts are still wired in place for shipping!!

Casey, There's one that was just listed on the antiquetractors.com website. Fella in Allentown, PA has one off of a B-10 and is asking $175 for it. Contact at SONNYJOSIE@AOL.COM, or landline at (610) 395-6026. Not bad at that price if in decent shape but he might take less too.