Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Onan CCKA / B update.

Fred

I finally received the expected non-reponse from Cummins/Onan. They just passed the buck by directing me to their distributor in Milwaukee. So I'll try them and see if they can provide drawings.
We're not dead yet, I'd really like to resolve this question for those who are concerned. I still think that the answer is going to be a Kohler Command, but I may have to pass off the task to someone else at some point because I don't have a 4040, 4041, 9020, 616, 620 or 720 to examine and measure.
If anybody in the upper midwest wants to sell me one, especially with a bad engine, at a right price, let me know.
Fred

Fred,

Finding a used horizontal shaft 16 to any horse engine around here is like trying to find the holy grail. Since the ball first started to roll I've found only the Briggs 16 IC (not the newer Vanguard)and I feel lucky about that. This engine is certinly NOT a replacement but a stop gap until something else can be found. There won't be any front or belly mounted mowers, blowers, or sickle bars as I don't know if Briggs offers an appropreiate clutch pulley. The price is right but won't have my dirty paws on it till next week. Will let all know what it's like to try to mount it. Have already altered the rear double pulley to nearly match the engine without destroying it for use on a perfectly matching engine.

Stan

Dave,

A little berg called Northwood, a little east of Concord NH. I seriously doubt that the specs are the same as it's a custom job for Simp and AC. The specs are listed a half dozen pages back and the MS of my engine is /2026G Apr'71, for all the help that may be. They're likely a dozen folks that would like to have a another CCK that has the right specs.

Thanks,
Stan

Stan, An old friend has an Onan ccka or b he has to check, it's a 16 hp and it runs very well according to him.His eng came out of a Sears Suburban I guess they used the same series eng. as AC? Where are you located as shipping costs will be a major factor. Regards, Dave C.